Game Update 15 is the big GCW (Galactic Civil War) update for Star Wars Galaxies, which promises to really spice up the game’s factional warfare. Last week’s Friday Update treats us to a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming update, with a good bit of in-depth information on the update’s features.
A basic outline of the features of GU15 below:
Galactic Civil War: Game Update 15 Features as of January 15th 2010:
- New, massive invasion/siege warfare scenarios will appear in three major cities – Bestine, Dearic and Keren – these include new quests for all professions, interactive structures and new rewards.
- Protect your city and earn tokens with defense-specific quests such as protecting barricades, manning turrets and treating wounded soldiers.
- Lay siege to your opponents and secure tokens with invasion-specific quests. Take out defense structures and key enemy personnel, or unleash the might of AT-AT or Hailfire missile attacks.
- Dyamic changes occur in the affected cities based on which faction is currently in control. Cities will display Imperial or Rebel banners and faction-specific NPCs, quests, terminals and pylons depending on which faction is on top.
- Mayors of player cities are able to set their city’s factional alignment from the management terminal.
- Win battles within newly implemented Planetary Regions, which determine which faction controls the entire planet.
- The new Planetary Region Display interface shows which faction is in command of regions and planets.
- Cash in tokens for new rewards, which include faction-specific wearable capes, cloaks and battle-scarred armor, entertainer glow sticks, bombing run binoculars, an upgraded personal shield generator and numerous new weapons.
For a truly in-depth look at GU15, check out the Friday Update here.
I’ve gotta say, as a Star Wars nerd this update has really piqued my interest! Will anyone be resubbing or using any free time to check out GU15? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments below!